Sunday, April 01, 2012

Caballo Blanco, adios y que le vaya muy bien!

I just want to live a healthy life, live and love. 
To do what I can with whatever I am blessed with. 
I have no material goals of being wealthy. 
I feel I am already wealthy in the ways I care about.
- Micah True (Caballo Blanco)

Run free, Caballo...just run free, as you always did.
We never knew ultra-marathoner Caballo Blanco, but we met and spent some precious time with a dear friend of his, Barefoot Ted McDonald. Our closest encounter with the "White Horse" was in Christopher McDougall's book, "Born to Run". It is a moving story of an epic, true life adventure. Caballo Blanco, whose "real" name was Micah True, has inspired countless millions with his heart, his running, and his commitment to his beloved Tarahumara people in Mexico's remote and deadly Copper Canyons.

Four days ago, Caballo went for a trail run in New Mexico's rugged Gila National Forest. He never returned. His body was found today. He will be more than missed.

In January, Micah True wrote the following words on his Facebook page:

"If I were to be remembered for anything at all, I would want that to be that I am / was authentic. No Mas. Run Free!"

Caballo, you were more than authentic.

Godspeed...and run free.

Duncan.

No comments:

Post a Comment